Many of you may recognize the words in my title. Yes, they are the lyrics to the song by En vogue.
But for this blog I am speaking from a personal aspect, a totally different meaning.
In this blog I am speaking on changing my mindset in relations to my weight loss journey. Which continues to be a life long battle for me.
I truly believe that positivity is the powerful beginning to making needed changes in life, be it personal or business.
Changes like eating habits, late night eating, time and type of snacks, SUGAR consumption 🤦🏾♀,and your water intake.
I don't eat large portions of food. Nor do I eat all day. I'm a 3 meals aday girl. But, It's what I eat.
PB&J is my go to snack or meal. My rationale is peanut butter is a protein, which is true. And that's fine if you spread it on sliced apple.
But not me, give me 2 slices of fresh or soft bread with grape jelly, OMG it's fanatics.
Right mindset to lose weight:
1) Picture yourself thin- well I kind of already do that. When I look at myself in the mirror, Idon't see the person I see in my pictures. You know what the say, "a camera will add on pounds".
2) Have realistic expectations.
3) Set small goals - this will help alleviate disappointment.
4) Have a good support system- someone that can keep you accountable.
5) Create a detailed plan- organizing your meals and workout routines will keep you focused.
6) Reward yourself- celebrate accomplishing those small goals.
7) Ditching old habits are sometimes easier said than done. But never give up. Remember, the race is not given to the swift nor to the strong but to the one that endures to the end.
8) Keep track - allows you a reference point to look back on later through your journey.
Although weight loss is an on going journey for me. I start each day with determination and focus.
And, I celebrate my successful days with extreme joy and pride. Reminding myself that I'm striving for progress, not perfection😊.
Be Focused ♡ Be Disciplined ♡ Be Great 🌹